The Stepper motor is manufactured in various sizes ranging from milliwatts to hundreds of watts. Its maximum torque value ranges up to 15 Newton Meter and the step angle ranges from 1.8 to 90 degrees. As already discussed earlier about What is a Stepper Motor? and the Step Angle. The Stepper Motor Applications have a wide range. Some of the applications are given below.
- As the stepper motor are digitally controlled using an input pulse, they are suitable for use with computer controlled systems.
- They are used in numeric control of machine tools.
- Used in tape drives, floppy disc drives, printers and electric watches.
- The stepper motor also use in X-Y plotter and robotics.
- It has wide application in textile industries and integrated circuit fabrications.
- The other applications of the Stepper Motor are in spacecrafts launched for scientific explorations of the planets etc.
- These motors also find a variety of commercial, medical and military applications and also used in the production of science fiction movies.
- Stepper motors of microwatts are used in the wrist watches.
- In the machine tool, the stepper motors with ratings of several tens of kilowatts is used